Chili con carne is a very easy chili recipe that consists of ground meat, beans, onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices. Since we are using canned tomatoes and canned beans, all the ingredients in this easy chili con carne recipe can be found in freezer or pantry!
Chili con carne is a very filling comfort meat dish, and it tastes so good served over rice or quinoa. To make chili con carne super healthy, use extra-lean ground beef or lean turkey – this chili recipe tastes great with any kind of ground meat. This chili con carne has such deep flavor from all the spices and garlic that you won’t miss the extra fat if you use lean ground meat!
Easy Chili Con Carne Recipe With Ground Beef Or Turkey
Chili Con Carne Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
Instructions How To Make Chili Con Carne
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add ground meat and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt and mix.
- Add beans and chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Remove chili con carne from heat and serve!
Chili con carne reheats very well, so you can make it in advance. This is such an easy and tasty recipe – perfect for busy nights!
Here are some more pictures of chili con carne recipe –
This picture is a closeup of chili con carne:
And this is a picture of chili con carne served over quinoa: