Chicken Vegetable Lo Mein is a tasty Chinese recipe that’s very easy to make. Basically, it’s cooked chicken and vegetables mixed with Lo Mein noodles and seasoned with soy sauce – it’s like a pasta dish Chinese style 🙂
Lo Mein noodles are sold in the Asian isle of most big supermarkets. Sometimes Lo Mein noodles are labeled as “Chow Mein noodles”, and you can use either one of them, as these noodles are very similar. If you can’t find either Lo Mein or Chow Mein noodles, you can use regular spaghetti instead.
Chicken Vegetable Lo Mein recipe is yummy, healthy and nutritious – it has lean chicken breast, fresh vegetables and boiled noodles, and you can always reduce the amount of oil that’s used. You can use any kind of vegetables – on the picture above, I used asparagus.
A great thing about this Chicken Vegetable Lo Mein recipe is that it’s a one dish meal – no side dish is needed. It’s also kid friendly as most kids love noodles 🙂
- 12 oz Chinese Lo Mein or Chow Mein noodles (or spaghetti)
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb vegetables, chopped (I used asparagus)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook the Lo Mein noodles according to package directions (they usually cook really quickly – about 3 minutes). Drain the noodles.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the frying pan into a bowl.
- Pour another ½ tbsp of oil into a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and chopped vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are cook, but still crisp. Remove the vegetables from the frying pan and add to the bowl with chicken.
- Pour 2 tbsp of soy sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper. Mix everything so the chicken and vegetables are coated with soy sauce.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil in a big pot (that was used for cooking the noodles). Add minced garlic and heat the pot over medium-high heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, add the cooked lo mein noodles to the pot. Quickly mix so the noodles are coated with garlic oil. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce and squeeze the juice out of the lime onto noodles. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken and vegetables to the lo mein noodles. Mix everything well and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until everything is evenly heated through.
Enjoy this tasty Chicken Vegetable Lo Mein dish – it’s really yummy! For more Chinese recipes, check out orange chicken recipe, garlic beef recipe and chicken fried rice.