Chicken and mushrooms is such a tasty combination! Mushrooms add complexity to otherwise plain chicken, and they are so filling. This healthy stir-fry recipe has chicken, mushrooms, onions, peas and corn – that’s low in fat, high in fiber, high in protein and delicious in flavor!
Best of all, this recipe is very quick and easy to make – it takes just 15 minutes from start to finish, and the yummy and healthy dinner is ready! To save even more time, you can use cooked chicken (such as rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or packaged grilled chicken strips) instead of cooking it from scratch.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe With Mushrooms
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Put frozen corn and peas in a microwave-safe bowl and defrost them in a microwave.
- Cut the chicken in a 1/2-inch slices.
- Wash the mushrooms and chop them into pieces.
- Chop the onions.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onions and mushrooms to the frying pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the onions and mushrooms in a frying pan and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in center).
Enjoy this healthy and delicious chicken mushroom stir fry! For a quick side dish, you can make couscous or cook rice in a rice cooker. Also, check out my chicken broccoli stir fry recipe for another healthy stir fry idea.