Looking forward to lunch is going to be so exciting when you have this chicken mango mason jar salad in your refrigerator! Everyone who opens the fridge is going to be so jealous! 😉
This beautiful chicken mango salad is made in a mason jar! The ingredients are layered from bottom to top, and you can see them all through the glass. You can see the distinct layers of red cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, mango slices, avocado, chicken pieces and green crisp lettuce! Eating healthy is really easy when you have a salad like this waiting for you in your fridge!
This chicken mango salad is high protein, low carb, and gluten free! It is packed with nutrition to the max and is so good for you! This salad is super filling and makes a perfect main dish. Nutritious, filling, yummy and healthy – that’s a winner!
A great feature of the mason jar salads is that they stay fresh for up to 5 days. Make-ahead salads? Absolutely! If that makes you surprised, it means you haven’t tried the mason jar salads before. Finally you can make a salad that doesn’t get soggy, and you can count on it for next day’s lunch!
It’s the glass of the mason jar, it’s vertical shape and the special order of the ingredient layers that keep the mason jar salads fresh. The dressing always goes on the bottom, followed by the cherry tomatoes, carrots, mango and avocado. In every mason jar salad, lettuce always goes on the top. You can pack the lettuce tightly, and you’ll be surprised how much lettuce the mason jar will hold! The mason jars might not look too big, but these salad portions are huge – it’s enough to feed a very hungry person for lunch or dinner!
There is dressing on the bottom of the jar, so it doesn’t touch the lettuce until you are ready to eat it. That’s how the lettuce stays crisp 🙂 When you are ready to eat the salad, just shake the jar upside down to distribute the dressing. Or simply put the salad on the plate and mix!
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 oz) lettuce
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Prepare 4 glass mason jars.
- Put avocado pieces in a separate bowl and pour 1 tsp of lemon juice on it, and toss to coat with lemon juice.
- Put the remaining lemon juice and olive oil in a cup and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Pour the dressing on the bottom of the 4 jars.
- Distribute the cherry tomatoes among the 4 mason jars.
- Put the shredded carrots on top of the tomatoes.
- Put the mangoes on top of the carrots.
- Put the avocado pieces on top of the mango.
- Put the chicken on top of the avocado.
- Finally, pack in the lettuce leaves and close the jars.