Chicken fajitas meets quinoa in this healthy quinoa bowl! What a simple easy meal to fill your tummy!
This hearty quinoa bowl is so delicious, filling and comforting. Spicy chicken pieces with bell peppers strips and onion slices are mixed with quinoa to create this simple meal. This is going to be your next lunch or dinner!
Chicken fajitas quinoa bowl is very healthy. It’s low in fat, full of protein and fiber and has a low glycemic index. It’s also very filling – this is not some little “diet salad”, this is a real stick-to-your-ribs meal!
Making this chicken fajitas quinoa bowl is super easy. Just cook quinoa using your preferred method – my favorite one is cooking quinoa in an Instant Pot! While quinoa is cooking, simply pan-fry chicken pieces, bell pepper strips and onion slices in a little oil with garlic and chili powder until cooked through. Then mix quinoa with the chicken fajitas and your fajita quinoa bowl is ready!
This chicken fajitas quinoa bowl recipe is great for weekly meal prep. It doesn’t lose flavor when refrigerated and tastes great reheated! You can divide it between the meal prep containers and store in a refrigerator. When ready to eat, just heat it up and enjoy!
You can also freeze this chicken fajitas quinoa for later, so you have a meal on hand in the freezer for those times life gets crazy busy! Just thaw it in a microwave or in refrigerator overnight and enjoy!
If you like this chicken fajitas quinoa bowl, you will also love these easy recipes:
Quinoa Mason Jar Salad – imagine having these colorful fresh quinoa salads waiting for you in a fridge? Healthy eating made easy!
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry – yummy chicken is stir-fried with veggies and homemade spice mix! Such a deep flavor, so delicious!
Plant-Based Quinoa Bowl – filling quinoa bowl with eggplant and spinach for those days you don’t feel like eating meat 🙂
Papaya Quinoa Salad – tropical flavors with healthy quinoa, this salad is so yummy and refreshing!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (check out my guides on stove top quinoa, rice cooker quinoa and Instant Pot quinoa).
- While quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken, peppers and onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. (If the pan is too crowded, you can use 2 frying pans on 2 burners at the same time).
- Add chili powder and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Mix cooked quinoa with cooked chicken, peppers and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.