White fish has a very mild taste which is delicious even without any special seasonings (see my plain white fish recipe). But sometimes I crave a different kind of white fish – the one loaded with spices! So when I feel like having a spicy white fish, I turn to this super-easy Cajun White Fish Recipe.
Cajun Whitefish Recipe changes the color of the white fish from plain white to gorgeous spice-rub brown, and it changes its taste from mild to complex and spicy. Making Cajun white fish is very easy – just rub the fish with the store-bought Cajun or Creole seasoning, and pan-fry as usual.
Cajun White Fish Recipe
- 1 lb white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
How To Make Cajun White Fish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub the white fish fillets all over with the Cajun seasoning.
- Put the fish on a frying pan (skin side down), make sure the fillet fillets are not touching.
- Cook the white fish for 3 minutes, then carefully flip the fillets with a spatula and cook for 2 more minutes (or until the fish flakes easily with a fork).
- Remove from heat and serve.