This blueberry streusel cake recipe is very tasty and easy to make, and it only uses 5 ingredients – blueberries, flour, egg, sugar, butter and optional walnuts. The bottom crust of the cake is made by pressing the dough into the bottom of the baking pan – no rolling needed! The top streusel crumbs are sprinkled over the blueberry filling – blueberries taste mouthwatering with the buttery streusel crumbs that melt in your mouth – it is so delicious!
Blueberry Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Instructions How To Make Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a non-stick 9-inch round baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, sugar, butter, flour and baking powder.
- Separate 1/3 of the dough mixture and roll it into 2 balls. Put those small dough balls in the freezer.
- Take the remaining dough and put it in the baking pan. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Put in a freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and put the blueberries on top of the dough crust. If using the walnuts, sprinkle them on top of the blueberries.
- Take the dough balls out of the freezer. Use the box grater to grate the dough over the blueberries, creating streusel crumbs.
- Put the blueberry streusel cake in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown.