These skinny blueberry oatmeal muffins are like a miracle! Gluten-free, sugar-free and oil-free! Low in calories, high in flavor – this is going to be your new favorite healthy breakfast!
It’s like oatmeal in a muffin form, but better! Bursting with juicy blueberries, naturally sweetened with honey, these wholesome oatmeal muffins are so delicious and good for you!
If you are trying to lose weight, coming up with a healthy breakfast is the hardest! Anyone will get tired of eggs and yogurt day in and day out 🙂 In the morning, when you crave something warm and baked, these healthy muffins will come to the rescue! Just make them ahead and warm one in a microwave for that freshly baked taste!
These amazing muffins are made with oatmeal, which is naturally gluten-free. In these muffins, half of the oats are ground in a food processor to turn them into oat flour, and the other half of the oats is added in their whole form. If you are on a super-strict gluten-free diet, get a certified gluten-free oats to be 100% safe.
All the ingredients in these healthy oat muffins are very common – oats, blueberries, eggs, milk, honey, applesauce, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Nothing weird 🙂 A gluten-free muffin without unusual ingredients and strange chemicals is such a rare find! And these muffins really rise to be tall and beautiful!
These blueberry oat muffins are lightly sweetened with a 1/2 cup of honey. They don’t taste as sugary sweet as typical bakery muffins, but sweet enough for the wholesome natural flavor that is amazing paired with fresh juicy blueberries. You can taste the blueberries in each bite!
To cut the calories and fat, we use the apple sauce instead of oil or butter. These muffins are so moist, you won’t miss the fat! Each one of these blueberry oatmeal muffins only has 145 calories!
Because oatmeal is so filling, these muffins actually fill you up! For breakfast, I eat two of these muffins (that would be 290 calories total) and they keep me full until lunch! An of course, these muffins are awesome for a healthy snack!
You can freeze these oatmeal muffins in the individual ziploc bags, and thaw them on a counter overnight for breakfast. That’s a breakfast to look forward too! If you are looking for more baked oat goodies, check out my recipe for Amish Baked Oatmeal – mouthwatering!
- 2½ cups quick oats, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the muffin tin with paper baking cups and spray them with cooking spray (the paper baking cups are a must, otherwise these muffins will stick).
- Put 1½ cup of oats in a food processor and process for 2 minutes, or until they turn into a flour.
- Put eggs in a large bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add the apple sauce, honey, milk and vanilla to the eggs and mix with a fork until well blended.
- Add the ground oats, the remaining 1 cup of whole oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the blueberries and mix until evenly distributed.
- Put the mixture in muffin cups (it's enough for 12 regular muffin cups, filled to the top).
- Optionally sprinkle the muffins with additional 1 tbsp of oats.
- Put the oatmeal muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.