This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
This apple cranberry grilled cheese sandwich will appeal to all your senses! Sweet, sour, crunchy, warm, gooey, stretchy, melty – AMAZING!
I love all things cheese. Just give me cheese and I’m a happy camper. And believe me – this particular grilled cheese combo elevates the cheese to the whole new level. Sweet and sour cranberry sauce, crunchy juicy apple, golden-brown crispy crust and gooey stretchy melted cheese – can’t get any better than that!
Your grilled cheese sandwich is just as good as the cheese that goes into it. For this mouthwatering grilled cheese I used Sargento® Natural Swiss Cheese. Here’s the picture of my stash of Sargento® Natural Cheese slices – I’ve got Sharp Chedar, Pepper Jack, Swiss and Provolone – mmmm! Guess how quickly I can eat them all up? 😉
Sargento® Natural Swiss cheese is a perfect cheese to go with the cranberry and apple flavors! If you never tried this combo before, I guarantee it will become your favorite! Nothing like looking through the holes in the slice of Swiss and smelling it in anticipation 🙂
Sargento® cheese tastes amazing because it’s a 100% natural cheese – the real thing, not some processed imitation. Did you know that Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF), sometimes known as American singles, is only required to contain 51% real cheese? I wonder what are the other 49%? Yikes!
A true cheese lover won’t take anything less than the real thing! Sargento® Natural cheese doesn’t settle for a measly 51% – it gives you the whole 100%. Sargento® Slices are 100% real, natural cheese, and their taste definitely shows it!
How To Make Apple Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Step 1: Butter The Bread Slices
Step 2: Add a slice of cheese
First, put the bread on a plate buttered side down. Then put a slice of cheese on that bread.
Step 3: Spread with cranberry sauce
Step 4: Add apple slices
Step 5: Add another slice of cheese
Step 6: Top with another bread slice (buttered side up).
Step 7: Grill The Sandwich
Cook on pre-heated non-stick frying pan for 3 minutes per side, or until cheese is fully melted.
Enjoy this mouthwatering grilled cheese! Yummy, gooey, warm, stretchy, crispy, brown – you just gotta make this today!
- 8 slices bread
- 4 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices cheese
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 apples, sliced into thin slices
- Spread the bread slices with butter.
- Put 4 bread slices on a plate buttered side down.
- Top with a slice of cheese.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese.
- Put the apple slices on top of cranberry sauce in a single layer.
- Top with another slice of cheese.
- Top with the 2nd slice of bread (buttered side up).
- Preheat 2 large non-stick frying pans (or griddle) over medium heat.
- Put the sandwiches on the frying pans (2 sandwiches per pan).
- Cook on one side for 3 minutes (or until the bottom cheese melts).
- Very carefully flip the sandwiches over.
- Cook on another side for 3 minutes (or until the cheese fully melts).
- Remove the grilled cheese sandwiches from heat and serve immediately.
Sponsored by Sargento® Sliced Cheese | Instagram | Facebook